No. 131 Leyland Titan PD2/3

Leyland Titan PD/3

First Registered with Bournemouth Corporation Transport in 1950.

Registration Number KEL 131

Weyman Body

The First Post War Buses to be delivered were 3 Leyland PS2/1 Tigers in August 1949.

They were closely followed by 30 Double Decker vehicles in 1950. These were purchased to replace the old AEC and wartime Guy and Bedford buses that had been in service pre war.

When built these vehicles were similar in design to the Trolleybuses of the time. They had a rear entrance, front exit bodies and two internal staircases. The body work was by Weymann. Chassis No. 500237, and they were the first of what was then the new 8ft Wide Type of body.

No. 245 entered service on 27th June 1950, and remained in service until October 1960, when the front staircase was removed to increase capacity to 58, being re-numbered at the same time and becoming No. 131.

In 1971 she was withdrawn after 21 years of service, and she was not re-homed until 1981 when she was purchased by a gentleman called Mac Cooper of the West Midlands. Upon his death she became part of the Quantock Classic Buses Fleet, and was purchased by ourselves in March 2010.

At present she is at Winkeley under restoration, Peter and Daniel have started to put her back on the road, and hopefully 2017, she may be able to attend her first rally in an unrestored state, but at least road worthy

Click Here to jump to No. 131 Leyland Titan Gallery Page

//www.yellowbusesdevon.com/90290/info.php?p=9